Well, because Kate
asked, and because I'm still not done with all six pieces of the Pearl Buck Swing Jacket (although I have recovered some knitting momentum), here's that meme.
Eight Random Things About Me
1. I've grown increasingly particular about the state of my morning newspaper. If I get to it first, I sort it in sections of "must-read" down to "maybe," aligning all edges and folds. If someone else gets to it first, I prefer that they leave it looking as though they hadn't.
2. When confronted with a new problem or project, from rearing four incredibly active children to knocking walls out of a house and repositioning them, my first response is almost always, "How hard can it be?" Upon finding out that it can be, in fact, very hard
indeed, I am again, almost always surprised.
3. Each of my children was born at home in planned homebirths. (See item #2, and in these cases, it wasn't all that hard.)
4. I desperately miss writing letters to people who also wrote back. Email is great, but it destroyed letter-writing; and I have two friends to whom I write -- and one wrote back last month! Have I returned the favor? I have not (yet).
5. The longest I've ever lived without a pet was six months.
6. I have an environmentally indefensible longing for a VW Eurovan Weekender.
7. To my astonishment, I was a cheerleader for one year at my (Southern Baptist in Southern California) high school.
8. I have vivid, weirdly plotted, detailed, often very amusing dreams in color almost every night. And I remember them fairly well. I wonder why my sleep is not more restorative.
Oh, apparently there are rules:
1: Each player starts with 8 random facts/habits about themselves.
2: People who are tagged, write a blog post about their own 8 random things, and post these rules.
3: At the end of your post you need to tag 8 people and include their names.
4: Don't forget to leave them a comment and tell them they're tagged, and to read your blog.
I'm probably not going to do that, as I think everyone has already done this. Please don't tell the Meme Police.