Reading While Knitting

Nothing complicated; nothing too exciting, but yes, I do knit while I read. As well as during many other domestic activities.

Friday, February 17, 2006

Activity with Few Results

They say insanity is doing the same thing over and over while expecting different results. My definition is housework: doing the same thing over and over and over and having the results linger for a shorter amount of time than the activity took.

Knitting lasts longer.

In my case, knitting lasts a really long time, because if I knit, on average, two rows of a 48 inch/122cm scarf at one time, intermixing bouts of housework, carpooling, cooking, bathing/holding/nursing children, it's going to take me an awful lot longer than the Olympic games to finish this object.

I think Jen has the right idea. I should pretend that I never said I was going to knit a scarf for the Olympics, rather, I should redefine "scarf." Maybe "shawl for a rabbit," or "tiny headcovering for a religious woman" would be more appropriate. Or maybe I should stop doing anything else and knit more.

I am busy. I just don't have an awful lot to show for it. Now, in an attempt to distract you from my lack of knitting progress and blog-updating, looky at the other neat things I've managed to do:

I'm starting seeds! Talk about exciting and hopeful, and, not incidentally, slow like knitting (we're all about the patience here).


The plants will go here:
Same garden boxes, but more of them. The little ones are for the Things. That way, they will hopefully not argue over who gets to eat what directly from the garden, and learn a bit about patience and reaping what they sow and all that. Or not.

And just to prove that the "scarf" has been knitted on,
The painting is Thing 2's latest -- a ship at sea. And we all love Mr. Sheepy Tape Measure. When this long scarf> teeny head covering is finished, I'm going to throw a big party for my friends and we're going to do this for hours and hours:


Ain't nothing like winding yarn, mmm hmmm.

Now I'm going to watch individuals throw themselves down a track headfirst on a little sled, and knit. Guess we'll all find the excitement we need.

2 Comments:

At 4:34 AM, Blogger Rain said...

I'm sure the Things will enjoy planting and growing their own stuff.

You do sound incredibly busy, so I think your scarf progress is great.

 
At 7:49 AM, Blogger suzee said...

Wiiiiiinding yaaaaaarn. Mmmmm.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Site Counter
Online Colleges