Reading While Knitting

Nothing complicated; nothing too exciting, but yes, I do knit while I read. As well as during many other domestic activities.

Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Finally!

Lookie who's done!


A bit on the croppy side. Why do I think that I might have spent some profitable time with a tape measure before I started? I even lengthened this baby all over. It's going to end up being worn over a black dress, I think. The obligatory "I look really tired (because the bees are cranky and I'm having trouble knowing what to do, oh, and yes, thanks for asking, I did breathe smoke from the smoker for the last 20 minutes) and here's my tummy!" look:


But I'm at least very happy to be done:


And the back pleat turned out nicely -- still, another quick steam block might not go amiss:


But someone thinks it's going to be her sweater soon:


And she may be right.

So even though I have the sleeves and yoke for Cobblestone to go, can I cast on for my Kauni cardigan now?

12 Comments:

At 6:44 PM, Blogger Charity said...

Of course you can! :0) This looks really, really great. I'm so impressed with how it turned out. You look wonderful in it, and I love the back pleat!

 
At 7:17 PM, Blogger Kate said...

Absolutely gorgeous!

The sweater's not bad, either... ;)

 
At 7:25 PM, Blogger bfmomma said...

SO cute! (both of you--and the sweater!)

 
At 8:36 PM, Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

It looks fantastic! Love the pleat.

I need to swatch for my Kauni.

 
At 9:30 PM, Blogger suzee said...

It's so cuuuuuuute, as is your tummy!

And your girl is just breathtaking. Feeling better?

 
At 6:58 AM, Blogger allisonmariecat said...

I hereby grant you permission to start Kauni :)

I love the sweater! I have had many mishaps related to failure to pull out the tape measure (pure laziness on my part), so I sympathize. I still think it's cute on you, but your lovely daughter definitely looks like she plans to poach it!

 
At 7:27 AM, Blogger Lara said...

Swatch away!

If my tummy looked that good, I wouldn't mind it peeking out now and then. :)

Great sweater, great kid, great you!

 
At 11:34 AM, Blogger Tammy said...

Looks great! I really like the yarn you used too.

 
At 12:46 PM, Blogger Katherine said...

It looks great! I love that color on you. And honestly, I think it will look good over any longer shirt, with long or short sleeves. Of course, Thing 1 looks beautiful in it too (good lord that girl's nails are perfect!).

So yes, yes! Cast on as soon as possible (I'm an enabler). Kauni is gorgeous!

 
At 4:25 PM, Blogger meg said...

It looks great on both of you (& the poppy is a nice touch) :-)

 
At 9:56 PM, Blogger amanda j said...

Of course you may cast on! I insist!

Perhaps you guys could share the cardigan? Surely that has to be an advantage of the kids getting older? And I would take it as a massive compliment that your daughter wants to wear something you created for yourself. She obviously doesn't think you are a daggy old Mum!!

 
At 10:14 PM, Blogger cpurl17 said...

Gorgeous! Well done!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Site Counter
Online Colleges