Reading While Knitting

Nothing complicated; nothing too exciting, but yes, I do knit while I read. As well as during many other domestic activities.

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Two armpits away

Cobblestone is that close.




Am I kitchenering the armpits closed right now? No I am not. I am, in fact, taking a quick break from grading the first batch of the two assignments from last week. I have to finish grading everything tomorrow because I'm not going to do much for the rest of this week.

And night time is the only time I have that's quiet enough for me to get a batch of grading done. Partly it's me -- I can't concentrate on this rather odious task when I might be interrupted at any moment. I even get to the point where I enjoy it -- how many different ways can you say, "Thanks for your effort. I hope your partners benefited from your feedback" and not go crazy? How many times can you use the same cut and paste comment?

Unfortunately I've been experiencing some very weird energy peaks and valleys lately. I'm useless from about noon to four, experience a grouchy burst of energy until about seven, then can manage a level set of tasks until 9:30 or so. Then I want to sleep. Today was the first run in a few days -- I think this might explain it.

Great. Now I have to run for one more external reason. Just one more thing that I enjoy more in the doing than the anticipating. Or, in the case of grading, in the avoiding.
Posted by Picasa

3 Comments:

At 9:21 AM, Blogger Stephanie B said...

Love the title. Made me wonder what the post could possibly be about!

 
At 11:17 AM, Blogger cpurl17 said...

YOu can see the finish line,yay!!

 
At 12:30 PM, Blogger allisonmariecat said...

Hee, the title cracked me up. "X is just two armpits away!" Could be a funny Mad Libs exercise.

Anyway, yay for almost-done Cobblestone. I hope the running regulates your energy for you. Could it be the changing season? I get a little restless around fall and spring.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Site Counter
Online Colleges