Reading While Knitting

Nothing complicated; nothing too exciting, but yes, I do knit while I read. As well as during many other domestic activities.

Sunday, July 09, 2006

This one goes to eleven!

I don't like to post more than once per day, but this one is too good to pass up, even without photographic corroboration.

Thing 4 had just wandered out into the kitchen and I was listening and wondering what those noises were. Dishwasher was shut, so she wasn't heaving knives out of the silverware basket. . . what was it?

When it became too much to bear, I investigated.

Oh.

She was standing on the tall, three-stepped stepstool, hanging onto the open shelves, and carefully, very carefully, taking whole wheat fettucini noodles, one at a time, from their open package and dropping them to the floor.

11 Comments:

At 7:41 PM, Blogger suzee said...

Oh my.

But I have to say it does sound like a fun and challenging activity to me, even in my dotage.

Get that camera fixed!

 
At 7:47 PM, Blogger Jennus Interruptus said...

I wish I could get away with stuff like that! I can't wait to see your knitting...

 
At 9:01 PM, Blogger BeanMama said...

*chortle*

 
At 3:27 AM, Blogger Rain said...

Lol, she sounds like a right character.

 
At 8:31 AM, Blogger bfmomma said...

awww.... so that's what a fourth child is like, huh? cuuuuute! :) tee hee...

 
At 8:34 AM, Blogger allisonmariecat said...

I wonder where she got that idea? "Hmmm...I'm bored. Let's drop noodles on the floor!" That's too funny.

 
At 6:09 AM, Blogger Samantha said...

LOL!! My daughter, who is three, discovered that she could climb the shelves in the pantry to get the cookies.

 
At 5:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

woot! I shouldn't be cheering, but I'm so glad to be reading posts on your blog that I could have written myself in the past year. May we share more like this... with no injuries or sharpie content.

 
At 6:07 PM, Blogger Meredith said...

oh my! thank you so much for making me laugh! it seems our one-plus year olds have similar interests: what's on the shelves up there!?
things here are very heavy - i needed the laugh from your post. thanks

 
At 3:56 PM, Blogger Montana said...

OMG! What a crackup! I understand I carefully dropped pebbles down the exhaust pipe of my granpa's tractor at an early age, so it must be something in little human genes! LOL

 
At 3:57 PM, Blogger Montana said...

OMG! What a crackup! I understand I carefully dropped pebbles down the exhaust pipe of my granpa's tractor at an early age, so it must be something in little human genes! LOL

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Site Counter
Online Colleges