Reading While Knitting

Nothing complicated; nothing too exciting, but yes, I do knit while I read. As well as during many other domestic activities.

Saturday, August 19, 2006

Bleah

They grow so fast.

That's what we're always being told, and sometimes finding out for ourselves.

The diaper covers? After a good try-out of both, they're clearly too small.

And they have to be lanolinized more evenly than I managed. If the lanolin gathers in spots, they become dirt attractors. Add a meal of black beans eaten by hand? Dirty cover.

Both of these things are discouraging, especially since I performed a knitting feat that I don't indulge in lightly. Intarsia.


I've started a plain one from this pattern in a very dark wool. Lessons learned!

5 Comments:

At 6:15 PM, Blogger suzee said...

Adorable!

Maybe you could put her on a diet?

;-)

 
At 8:47 PM, Blogger bfmomma said...

live and learn! *I* think it's adorable! I was a scrooge/crank and saved the soakers (once M. was on solids) for nighttime. The lanolin took me awhile, too. You probably are doing this, but I melted it in the microwave with a small amt. of very hot water, and then slowly added cooler water before soaking. I never noticed spottiness... And I loved how soft my hands were afterwards (even if I did smell like a sheep). :)

 
At 8:53 PM, Blogger Samantha said...

They're okay so long as they don't get dirty. *lol*

I made one for friends of ours ... I don't know how it faired though. I never asked.

 
At 8:25 AM, Blogger Charity said...

Darn it! Why is it always the really cute things that don't work? :0) I wish I had known about these earlier... I'm just about to pack in the cloth diapers in our house.

 
At 11:44 AM, Blogger allisonmariecat said...

Oh, it's so cute! But I guess there are risks any time you put something knit on something as powerful as a baby bottom...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Site Counter
Online Colleges