Reading While Knitting

Nothing complicated; nothing too exciting, but yes, I do knit while I read. As well as during many other domestic activities.

Monday, July 17, 2006

New things

I'm nearly done seaming Cabaret. Once the heat wave stops (we're in the high 70's F again -- imagine!) I'm looking forward to wearing it. It's funny, and I don't know if projects feel like this to anyone else, but mine seem to go fast, and slow, and fast, and then they're done. Or else they languish in a plastic bag. Hello, orange wool vest!

The excitement of my new thing pales in comparison to the news that the Pancake Goddess is working very hard today on her fourth Thing. Blessings to mother and babe, and to all the guys in the household awaiting his arrival.

4 Comments:

At 2:02 AM, Blogger Rain said...

It's just as hot here too, and unbearably humid. Knitting really doesn't suit this weather.

 
At 10:40 AM, Blogger allisonmariecat said...

It's awful here, too, but I persist in knitting my wool Hourglass Sweater, despite malfunctioning air conditioning. What can I say? I'm really stubborn.

I have the same experience with knitting speed. I *slog along for ages, notice I've gotten quite far, repeat from *, end quickly.

 
At 3:23 PM, Blogger Montana said...

All I can say about this weather is that knitting in the AC is better than gardening outside! LOL

Supposed to be getting a big honking Tstorm tonight. Hopefully it will be a bit cooler tomorrow.

 
At 11:35 PM, Blogger String Bean said...

The high 70s? Pah! We hit the high 90s today. I envy your weather (and sweater knitting abilities).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Site Counter
Online Colleges