Reading While Knitting

Nothing complicated; nothing too exciting, but yes, I do knit while I read. As well as during many other domestic activities.

Thursday, January 04, 2007

Come, Join the Insanity!

Okay, so because I'm not crazy enough and because I really really need more pressure in my life and everything and I'm not second-guessing my time usage more than 24,583 times a day anyhow?

I want to start a KAL -- yep, it's the Sweater a Month in 2007! I'm going to set up this blog bad boy tomorrow and if you want to join, drop me an email and somehow, although I really don't have enough skill level to do it, I'll manage to get it going. Anyone want to join, design a button, and then tell me how to get it on that blog?

bfmoma, you with me? Can you help manage the blog? Got any fun names (Twelve Months of Sweaters? A Dozen a Year and Vests Don't Count? Do You Know 12 Babies?) in mind?

All this by way of saying that the tulip sweater isn't quite done, although I'm pretty sure how I'm going to do the last color work and maybe tonight I'll get the body completed, leaving me the weekend for sleeves. Bwaaa haaa haaa. My family is so going to eat pasta from now on.

Anyhow, any takers?

7 Comments:

At 5:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can join as long as I don't have to actually do it, snort. I crack myself up. OK, I am knitting a sweater THIS month though.

 
At 7:58 AM, Blogger Elspeth said...

I would love to but I'm such a slow knitter - could it be "start 12 sweaters in a year"?

 
At 8:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

omg... I think it would be SOOO much fun to do a KAL with you and I've even considered starting one myself, but a SWEATER??? omg...

I was thinking "a pair of socks a month"...

egads...

Can I count baby sweaters ala MDK kimonos??? ;)

Let me think on a KAL name...

 
At 10:40 AM, Blogger Charity said...

Oh, I would so love to join. Sadly, though, there is not way on this planet I will knit a sweater a month. Sigh. Good luck to you, though! I'm going to enjoy watching your progress. (And, no, this is not my sneaky way of saying I can't wait to see you fall on your ass. I really think you can do it! :0)

 
At 8:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are off your nut, girl! I'm more likely to qualify for "12 months for a Sweater" (the time it took me to make the last one)
I will enjoy watching your projects; if you run out of people to sweater, my hubby will gladly volunteer :)

 
At 1:56 PM, Blogger Rain said...

I signed up earlier. I think it's a great idea!

 
At 6:49 PM, Blogger allisonmariecat said...

I think with the new baby, I will have to just watch you do a sweater a month instead :) Unless baby sweaters count...that I could probably do!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Site Counter
Online Colleges