Reading While Knitting

Nothing complicated; nothing too exciting, but yes, I do knit while I read. As well as during many other domestic activities.

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

I'm not good with percentages

But this sweater has to be over 50% done. I even started sleeve number two without stopping for another snail mitten. The first one went quickly, so I'm sort of inspired.

But whatever will I do when the pumpkins are all harvested? See the powdery mildew? It's only a matter of time.


I know! Variegated sage?


No, rosemary.


Oh, here's the best idea. I'll use someone too small as a model.


I'm also all about the tubes lately, as I have a fun little project out of handspun on the needles, but I don't want to show that one until I'm all done, really. It should make a nice picture show.

And we bought three turkeys yesterday, destined for the holiday table, and I killed my first chicken today. It wasn't a lot of fun, but it was doable and I don't really want to talk too much about it.

I need a nap, though.

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

At 5:52 PM, Blogger suzee said...

Jesus. Will you be taking on cattle, too?

You are so heroic. Sometimes I can't believe you let wimps like me be your friend...but I'm glad you do.

The sweater is lovely, as are all the models!

 
At 7:25 PM, Blogger Stefaneener said...

Oh, how droll you are.

Not only am I not moving on to large mammals, I'm rethinking this whole "omnivore" approach. Eeesh.

But I have to tell you, the broth I made today smells pretty nice.

 
At 9:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, I think I'd need a nap, too. Your sweater is looking great.

 
At 5:28 PM, Blogger allisonmariecat said...

Oh, good, another entry for my "100 reasons I wouldn't cut it as a farm wife" list :)

Love the orange, both in sweater and pumpkin form. And lovely model!

 
At 8:28 AM, Blogger Charity said...

Oh, I love the sweater progress! Maybe it's the time of year, but I'm so loving the orange!

 
At 1:13 AM, Blogger amanda j said...

You are a brave soul.

I love the colour of your knitting. I must make something with orange; it's one of my favourites!

 
At 8:28 AM, Blogger Janis said...

We went to see Nubian goats today. No matter how much I begged Mr. Yarn would not give in. My neighbor and I are plotting for the chickens though. With the snow here the coop would have to be heated.

I can NOT believe how big the kids are getting!!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Site Counter
Online Colleges