Reading While Knitting

Nothing complicated; nothing too exciting, but yes, I do knit while I read. As well as during many other domestic activities.

Saturday, June 13, 2009

All done and off

The cardigan's finished, as of last night, and it's sitting (damply) on a judging table at the fairgrounds.


I was really unhappy with the arms -- both the sleeves and armscyes just stink. Partly my skills (I kept thinking about all the advice about poor finishing ruining a good knitting job) and partly because the sleeves were too big at the top. Too big for a good fit either on me or into the arm holes.

I may get out the sewing machine after the fair and have a go at it. It's already cut; I don't see that I can ruin it any more. But I'll ask a more experienced finisher for advice first.

It sure is pretty, though.

Labels:

13 Comments:

At 12:08 AM, Blogger cpurl17 said...

If you don't win a Blue ribbon, I'm calling foul! Can't wait to see it at the Fair!!

 
At 6:16 AM, Blogger Umme Yusuf said...

It's beautiful! seems perfect. Good luck with the fair.

 
At 6:27 AM, Blogger Caffeine Girl said...

I'm in awe. It is just stunning. It's hard for me to believe that a few finishing flaws would even be noticeable. Let us know how you come out.

 
At 7:53 AM, Blogger Charity said...

Hip, Hip, Hooray!! I think it looks amazing!

 
At 4:48 AM, Blogger allisonmariecat said...

Absolutely gorgeous.

I'm sorry about armscye problem, though--I can really feel you on that, since I frequently have similar issues. The armscye/sleeve fit is my downfall.

 
At 6:31 PM, Blogger Susan said...

I have to look up armscye. It is a nice word on the eyes. Good luck at the fair! We head home tomorrow. Can I still see it at the fair next week?

 
At 6:41 PM, Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

It's so pretty! I hope you win!

 
At 10:34 PM, Blogger String Bean said...

It's looks fantastic! Superb! If you don't like it you can send it to me. My address is...

 
At 8:55 AM, Blogger Kristin said...

You're much to hard on yourself. I love it.

 
At 1:40 PM, Anonymous patricia said...

Who's gonna notice the armscyes with all that fabulous color and pattern?

I love the sweater. This one definitely has Park Day knit right into it.

 
At 2:36 PM, Blogger Janis said...

It is beautiful and I miss you and the kiddos.

 
At 12:00 PM, Blogger flacaknits said...

Congratulations on a beautiful job and on winning a Blue Ribbon at the fair. Yipeeee!

 
At 7:12 AM, Blogger Lisa said...

Oh, my...That is stunning! I wouldn't even worry about it fitting--I'd just frame it and put it in a conspicuous place in my house!! Fabulous!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Site Counter
Online Colleges