Reading While Knitting

Nothing complicated; nothing too exciting, but yes, I do knit while I read. As well as during many other domestic activities.

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Shhhhhhhhh

. . .Don't tell anyone, but I continue to channel my Inner Real Knitter. She emerged today while the Sainted Miguel, my 15 year old wonder babysitter, took all 4 Things to the park (and got Thing 4 to sleep for her nap!).

I rode my bike to run some errands and ended up at a coffee shop. With tea in hand, I resolved to take only one bite of croissant for each row finished. Since I'm knitting this wrap horizontally, that's 201 stitches per row.

Maybe it's something about the geometric pattern. Maybe it's the chart. At any rate, even though I paused at the end of every row to sip my tea (Assam Golden Tip) and nibble some plain croissant and (here's that scary Real Knitter part) stretch my wrists, arms, neck and very tight sore lower back, I finished another pattern repeat -- but not the croissant.

I figured that every two rows -- pattern right side, purl back and catch any stray dropped yos on the wrong side -- takes me between 8-10 minutes. No one said I'm fast. At this rate, since I have two 12-row repeats completed and want to do about ten more, well, that's 960 minutes.


That's a heck of a lot of babysitting Tuesdays.

8 Comments:

At 3:04 AM, Blogger Rain said...

It looks lovely so far so it's worth the time going into it. I like your escape plan.

 
At 4:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

lovely - the colors are great, what is the yarn?

 
At 7:32 AM, Blogger amanda j said...

Oh for a Sainted Miguel.

 
At 1:28 PM, Blogger Charity said...

I'm with Amanda - does the wonderful Miguel offer services to
Canada? Sounds like a blissful time - I'm so glad for you! :0)

 
At 6:33 PM, Blogger Jennus Interruptus said...

Yikes! I turn away for one second and so much has happened.... I love the yarn, and the pattern you've chosen is fabulous! As for the lace and the screwing up, I'm right behind you. I can't get a simple fir cone pattern going for the life of me.

I am envious from the photos of the be-shorted soccer player. I wish it was warm enough for shorts here...

 
At 12:37 PM, Blogger allisonmariecat said...

Pretty, pretty, pretty! Yay for Miguel!

 
At 1:29 PM, Blogger String Bean said...

I love a good chart. And a good croissant and cup of tea. ;)

Nice roses.

 
At 12:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wonder if Miguel knows what you call him.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Site Counter
Online Colleges