Reading While Knitting

Nothing complicated; nothing too exciting, but yes, I do knit while I read. As well as during many other domestic activities.

Thursday, September 14, 2006

Deary Deary Me


Well, it happened. I was feeling cocky and the goddess of yarn overs threw me a smack down. The dreaded misplaced yarn over.

I think I can rip back just those 8 stitches, put them on a separate set of needles, and redo the whole thingy. I think. I'm pretty sure I can't do it tonight, though, or at least I am sure I don't want to attempt to. Fiddly knitting fixes involving yarn overs need more focus than I can muster right now.

But I can appreciate the shiny goodness of the pretty yarn. And the fact that Thing 1 made that blue stitch marker sort of in the center. And that she just approached a new LYS owner all on her own and got her markers placed in that store, too. Talk about a proud mother!

And who knows? I'm getting so much help with housework these days, I may just have plenty of time to knit tomorrow.

8 Comments:

At 5:45 AM, Blogger Rain said...

Aw, check out the wee one. That's too cute.

Things 1 sounds like quite the business woman. The marker is lovely.

Hope you can fix the mistake without too much grief.

 
At 6:25 AM, Blogger bfmomma said...

Oh, no... that's why I don't knit lace! (just kidding... I don't knit lace cuz i CAN'T knit lace!) It still looks awesome...

Thing 4 is adorable, as always!

And have I told you that C. figured out how to do the stitchmarkers, too, and she's LOVIN it!

 
At 8:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lawks

 
At 1:17 PM, Blogger Charity said...

What a wonderful photo! You have a real sweetheart on your hands, and how nice that she's learning to be helpful already! :0)
*GROAN* So sorry to hear about the lace mishap. I'm sure you'll have it back to where it should be in no time.

 
At 2:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck with the fix - I know you can do it!

Beautiful stitch marker there. What an enterprising Thing 1 you have.

 
At 9:52 AM, Blogger allisonmariecat said...

Argh, misplaced yarnover. I hope it's a painless fix. Maybe a glass of wine will help?

Way to go, Thing 1! That's wonderful. And Thing 4 is so cute with her mad housekeeping skills.

 
At 12:14 PM, Blogger suzee said...

And...? Did the plan work? I would have ripped, because things like that just make me too crazy.

Send that baby over here, it's CLEANING day!

Congrats to T1!

 
At 3:03 PM, Blogger Jennus Interruptus said...

Mothers amaze me. How can you spread out so much love among so many?

Is the one offspring still trying to spin?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Site Counter
Online Colleges