Reading While Knitting

Nothing complicated; nothing too exciting, but yes, I do knit while I read. As well as during many other domestic activities.

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Even when it's not what I would have done

It's important for me to be consciously thankful.

Thing 1 is very very cooperatively playing with her little sister so I can set up my new classes online. Schoolwork is done; folks are scattered around, and I'm sitting in my room and working. My focus isn't great -- I do better if I'm locked into a room in the library with few distractions outside the ones in my head -- but I can manage in this quiet, darkened space.

The two at home have been doing different kinds of things to play, from bouncing a ball, to reading, to tickling, to hide and seek, all outside of my area. Then I heard, "Let's play you chase me and try to catch me," and Thing 1 then zips past my bedroom, through the kitchen, through the little ones' bedroom, through the bathroom, and like a pair of young buffalo, they career through my "work space."

A moment of irritation -- this isn't what I had in mind, and I'm so not good at multitasking. And then I look at them and hear the hilarity. She's really trying to cooperate.

Plus, the thirteen year old wears out. Immediately after, I heard this exchange, "Let's play I lie on the floor and you be quiet."

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 1:23 PM, Blogger suzee said...

Three lovely posts, all in a row. Your family gets sweeter by the day.

You *are* kind of brown. I'd never noticed before.

 
At 3:20 PM, Blogger Delana said...

hahahaha that's too funny! Kind of reminiscent of mothers saying "wait til you grow up and have kids of your own".

 
At 5:26 PM, Blogger allisonmariecat said...

Oh, too cute!

When I used to babysit a trio of real terrors, in desperation, I would bust out the classic game "Who Can Be Quiet The Longest?" with a prize for the winner :) Fortunately, they were very competitive with each other, so it bought me a few headache-free minutes.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Site Counter
Online Colleges