Reading While Knitting

Nothing complicated; nothing too exciting, but yes, I do knit while I read. As well as during many other domestic activities.

Tuesday, September 02, 2008

In better news

Eric and I are going to see Vandana Shiva speaking tonight. It's much more "my" kind of thing than his, but he's gamely giving it a try.

I'm so excited I can hardly stand myself. I heard her speak on the radio, and she impressed me as one of those shining intellects whom it's just a treat to watch in action -- flashing intelligence brought to bear on problems that mean a lot to me.

Plus, we're leaving the kids with Miguel. Yippeee!

3 Comments:

At 11:31 AM, Blogger Katherine said...

That sounds very exciting. Our library doesn't have her book, dammit.

 
At 1:39 PM, Blogger allisonmariecat said...

Ooh, very cool!

Sigh. I need a Miguel.

 
At 3:04 PM, Blogger Stefaneener said...

Everyone needs a Miguel.

But, to be fair, I didn't have one until Thing 4 was 1. . . I wish I had started earlier.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Site Counter
Online Colleges