Reading While Knitting

Nothing complicated; nothing too exciting, but yes, I do knit while I read. As well as during many other domestic activities.

Friday, August 29, 2008

Spreading joy through goofiness

People smiled at me today. While I was biking home from my errand, picking up tissues for the sick noses in the house and some hair conditioner, I collected grins from people all along my route.

Come to think of it, those "smiles" started when I carried my purchases to the check-out line at the drug store. Actually, they started when I dropped some of what I was carrying but couldn't see to pick the items up because I had a stack of tissue boxes balanced between my bike helmet and my chin.

Then they increased -- to the point of actual laughter -- when, eschewing a bag (who needs more plastic bags?), I carried my purchases out to the bike trailer. Hey! That guy was laughing at me!

Oh well, trying to do my environmental bit is worth being laughed at, I suppose. But now that I think of it, without hair conditioner, my long, in-need-of-a-cut-badly hair sort of Bozos out of my bike helmet.

Maybe those folks weren't technically smiling at me.

1 Comments:

At 5:28 PM, Blogger allisonmariecat said...

Okay, I'm finding a reusable bag I can send you :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Site Counter
Online Colleges