Reading While Knitting

Nothing complicated; nothing too exciting, but yes, I do knit while I read. As well as during many other domestic activities.

Friday, January 18, 2008

Yarn finds a way

Actual fiber things have been happening here.

Not, of course, as much as I would like, life having sped up most distressingly. In fact, as I look at my weekly calendar, I see that there isn't a lot of room left in my cleaning, cooking, driving, and working duties for things like "working out" and "knitting" and "spinning." Fortunately, I have managed to slip in some "lying in the bath reading dopey mysteries" as well as some "wandering around sipping tea." But those aren't as exciting to photograph -- like I would put a picture of me in the tub on my blog.

Some navajo-plied silk, in the Lake Berryessa colorway from Lambtown.


Even closer (and I think wet-blocking silk is probably not a good idea, since it's now a tiny bit fuzzy. Advice, anyone?):


I lost the wire yarn guide for my spinning wheel, and discovered that while wiring one's wedding ring to the flyer with a twist-tie does work in a pinch, having the part would work much better. And wouldn't you know it? A sock's worth of Finn top jumped in my online shopping cart when I bought a new one from The Woolery.


Thing 3 really will get a sweater this year:


I discovered this morning that I'm 2 1/4 stripes from finishing that sleeve. Striped sweaters are the salvation of the countingly-challenged. But I'd better order a couple more balls of the Cashmerino Aran so I can make the requested hood. Boring pattern, but butter-soft.

I think spouse and I are going to start getting up earlier over the weekend so by Monday I'll replace some of my "sleep" with "exercise." Even though I'll be tired, I like me much better when I remember to move the bod! Maybe it will free up some time for knitting, too.

7 Comments:

At 11:01 AM, Blogger Robin said...

Waking up early is the only way I can fit exercise in. Lately I've been having a hard time getting up in the morning though!

 
At 3:29 PM, Blogger Charity said...

I'm impressed with the Navajo plying, it still seems scary to me. :0)

I'm trying to get up earlier to fit in a bit of yoga a couple of times a week, but it's still a bit of a struggle!

 
At 4:03 PM, Blogger Kate said...

Awesome. I haven't dared take up spinning, because knitting has already absconded with large chunks of my life and that would only further enable... but so pretty.

 
At 9:01 PM, Blogger suzee said...

Oooooo, that T3 sweater looks yummy. All the more so thinking of cashmerino stripes.

I'll be gym-bound this weekend. LMK if you want some company! As much as I like the Kinks and Cake at 5.8mph, talk makes the time go faster.

 
At 10:36 PM, Blogger Tamami said...

Beautiful yarn! Can't wait to see what this turns into. I too struggle to find the time to exercise. I just wish I could knit while on the treadmill.

 
At 5:43 PM, Blogger amanda j said...

All lovely! I got up earlier today and exercised! What a strange coincidence on the other side of the world!

 
At 7:20 AM, Blogger allisonmariecat said...

Lovely fiber goodness! I count running up and down the stairs carrying a 22-pound baby as my exercise program. And also grocery shopping. In the pre-baby days, I used to get up and have my hour of video yoga time. Sigh...

I had to chuckle at the reading dopey mysteries in the bath, as this is one of my de-stressing activities!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Site Counter
Online Colleges